lundi 2 mai 2016

Week 8 - Implementation #3

This week I focused solely on the futur proche (near future) tense. I am fairly certain I learnt this tense in high school, however I haven't worked on it since so I thought it would be a good idea to review the tense. This week in FREN2010 we have also been learning the futur proche.
Unfortunately, the futur proche was not available on either the app I am using, nor the online verb conjugator. Therefore I chose two other websites to do the test and practice on, explained below:

  • Website 1: 'Ch4 Ex 4F Le Futur Proche' from a companion wbesite to the Pearson textbook 'En Bons Termes'. I chose this website since it makes you rewrite the whole sentence, which is good practice, and it also asks you to conjugate negations. [Available http://wps.prenhall.com/ ca_ph_parmentier_enbons_7/46/11984/3067975.cw/content/index.html]
  • Website 2: 'Français Facile - Futur Proche'. I chose this website because it includes conjugations for reflexive verbs. [Available http://www.francaisfacile.com/exercices/exercice-francais-2/exercice-francais-12541.php]

I did both my assessments and exercises on these websites and found them to be although somewhat repetitive, also quite useful through providing context by including the verb in a sentence.

For future reference, I will also put the general rules of the futur proche in this blog post:
  • Something that is going to happen soon, upcoming event which is going to occur in near future.
  • Characteristic of spoken French, used in informal writing.
  • Can be used with the imperfect to explain what someone was going to do. I.e. ils allaient partir pour Byron quand ils ont vu un éclair.
  • Basically "going to"
  • Conjugate 'aller' + add infinitive
  • To negate, place ne ... pas around the conjugation of aller, i.e. je ne vais pas nager
  • For reflexive verbs, put reflexive pronoun between aller and infinitive of reflexive verb
_________________________________________________________

Online verb conjugator result:

Discussion: I am very happy with this score and think it accurately reflects my ability. From class, I knew the basic rules but not more than this, which is why I initially made some mistakes. The futur proche actually turned out to be a relatively easy tense to learn and use, allowing me to reach a final score of 100% on both websites.

Paragraph correction result:

Discussion: As above with the online verb conjugator test, I am not surprised (yet extremely pleased!) with this result. In my paragraph I tried to incorporate as many perspectives (i.e. I, you, he, they, etc.) to practice each conjugation.

__________________________________________________________

My next (and last) tense challenge is the futur simple - assumedly more complex than the futur proche. À la semaine prochaine :)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire