mercredi 11 mai 2016

Week 9 - Implementation #4

This week was the last proper implementation of my challenge, as I learnt my last tense before I revise them all - the futur simple. We also studied this tense in class this week, so this challenge has nicely complemented my in-class learning by reinforcing this new tense. Unfortunately, I once again could not use the online verb conjugator, not because the tense wasn't on the website, but because the test would not load. I therefore chose the following two websites to do this week's test on:
  • Website 1: https://francais.lingolia.com/en/grammar/tenses/le-futur-simple/exercises
    • This website is where I also sourced most of the rules I found, therefore specifically reinforcing these rules
  • Website 2: http://www.tolearnfrench.com/french_lessons/futur-simple-test
    • I chose this test due to its variety of conjugation practices available for the verbs that have exceptions to the normal rules
The main struggle I have been having with regards to my learning challenge is undoubtedly timing. Despite having set daily goals, I am finding myself getting distracted from these doable targets, and falling behind significantly. This is something that I personally struggle with even in all my other subjects. I believe this issue could impact on the effectiveness of my challenge, as well as the validity of the technology evaluation, as I am not getting enough time to utilise each one enough.

Implementation

The general rules for the futur simple are as follows (Lingolia, 2016):
  • Used to express an intention for the future (demain je rangerai les dossiers); or a supposition about the present or future (tu ne finiras jamais en une journée); or conditional clauses (si on range à deux, on finira plus vite)
  • Conjugation: take the infinitive (take of 'e' for 're' verbs) and add ai, as, a, ons, ez, ont
  • Avoir (aur) and être (ser) are irregular
  • Exceptions:
    • Short e in word stem receives grave accent
    • Some verbs double consonants (i.e. jeter = je jetterai)
    • Some verbs ending in rir, i is omitted before adding future ending
    • For verbs ending in yer, y becomes i
    • Verbs ending in oir (+ aller, envoyer, faire, venir) are irregular. I.e. pouvoir -> je pourrai
My results for this week's test along with a brief discussion are shown below.

Online Verb Conjugator Result:

Discussion: This second future tense was slightly more difficult than the futur proche, since there are more irregular verbs to be conjugated, however, these were quite easily learnt. 

Paragraph Conjugation Result:
Discussion: This week's paragraph described what I will do in 3 months, using the futur simple to represent thing in the more distant future. I am quite happy with my result.
____________________________________________________________

My next blog post will be the final week of implementation, where I will be revising all the tenses I have learnt and testing to see how well I have retained the knowledge gained during this learning challenge. 
________________________________________________________________

References:
- Lingolia. (2016). Le futur simple (future). Retrieved from https://francais.lingolia.com/en/grammar/tenses/le-futur-simple 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire